Monday, August 9, 2010

Lipah Snorkeling

My snorkeling trip for this month is to Lipah Beach in Amed. Actually Amed is well-known for its numerous snorkeling spots, but just several weeks ago I heard about this spot from my friend Dini the English teacher (thanks a bunch for the info! ;)) Two of the spots in Amed that I've visited are Jemeluk Bay and Japanese Shipwreck in Banyuning area, and I have to say that so far this is my favorite in Amed (my boyfriend said he liked Jemeluk better though).

The path to Lipah beach is very easy to miss. It's just a trail beside the main road without any sign of tourist attraction. It's good that I had been informed that the beach is right beside Euro Dive. When my boyfriend and I got there, we decided to rent a snorkeling gear in Coral View Villas & Restaurant so that we could change outfits and leave our bags there.

The snorkeling was good... The current was strong and the corals were average as in other Amed areas, but the fish were great! We saw a lot of different species, and some of them even swam in a large group. Luckily this time I had bought an underwater camera... yay! :D So here's our catch in Lipah:

See the blue dots everywhere? They're all fish!

Some bigger fish...

One of the big and solitary fish. I chased it many times just to get the picture.

Hmm... I wish I were more knowledgeable about marine biology to write better comments :P By the way, the trip from Amed to Kuta is about 1,5 to 2 hours, and this time we did it by motorcycle. So glad to say that after snorkeling for several hours, we went home with happy thoughts and flat bottoms (a.k.a "tepos") Hahaha...

No comments: